For the first time ever, Sustainability Victoria, the Banksia Foundation and Keep Australia Beautiful Victoria have combined forces to deliver the Premier’s Sustainability Awards 2022!
The Premier’s Sustainability Awards celebrate Victorians that are leading the way towards a more sustainable future.
The goals of this year’s awards are to:
• Recognise and reward those that are taking action to improve both their community and environment across the State from businesses, communities, government, education and public institutions.
• Increase awareness of best practice sustainability initiatives in Victoria and the connection with the UN Sustainable development goals.
• Encourage leadership and inspire Victoria’s community to act, take leadership and innovate.
• Create opportunities for collaboration with industry/business, government, community groups, research institutes and not-for-profits.
• Raise the profile of Sustainability Victoria, Banksia and Keep Victoria Beautiful as thought leaders and key drivers of innovation in the development of the circular, climate resilient clean economy to our existing and new stakeholders.
The new awards categories, which align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, are:
• Future Energy
• Thriving Environment
• Sustainable Places and Destinations
• Circular Economy Innovation
• Healthy and fair society
• Waste reduction and litter
There will be a Community Champion and Industry Leader winner for each category. In addition to these, the Premier will continue to select two overall winners to be presented at the award ceremony:
1. The Premier's Recognition Award, a stand-out winner from the twelve categories and
2. The Premier's Regional Recognition Award, a stand-out regional organisation/project from all qualifying finalists.
Why should you enter the awards?
Taking the time to apply to the Premier’s Sustainability Awards has many benefits:
- be rewarded and recognised in Victoria, with a pathway for national recognition
- reward and recognise the work that staff, volunteers etc. contribute to your initiative
- highlight to your key stakeholders the value of the work you are doing through your nomination or win
- receive valuable feedback from judges who are leaders in their field to improve future award entries
- position yourselves as leaders in your field and/or activity
- encourage more volunteerism
- guide actions with evidence-based frameworks that truly build resilient communities
- receive recognition that may help with future grant applications
- share stories for the benefit of others – so communities can learn from you and not have to reinvent the wheel each time
- promoting your organisation through the partnership’s communications channels
- connect with other like-minded people and increase your networks
Entries are open now and close on Sunday 1st May 2022.
And the Gala Award Night will be held in September 2022!
If you need help with the nomination and uploading to the portal, etc. Emma White can help you and is available by email: [email protected] or mobile: 0419 549 798