Key shopping strips in towns across the Peninsula will open up for more outdoor retail and dining to help our local businesses bounce back from lockdown.
We are bringing back footpath dining and parklets throughout the whole Shire and closing Main Street, Mornington from the Esplanade to Barkley Street. Restaurants and cafes will again be able to access more space to serve more customers safely.
- Extended footpath and parklet permits are valid from 1 October – 30 April.
- Main Street, Mornington parklet permits are valid from 17 December – 1 February.
To apply for a parklet or extended footpath dining permit for your business, go to mornpen.vic.gov.au/outdoordining.
Applications close Friday 1 October.
Why do I need to reapply?
- The guidelines have changed following community and traders consultation
- Allows you to change up your site layout
- Your neighbours might have changed, or their positioning on your involvement may have changed
- We need a copy of your Public Liability Insurance (for the new permit period, listing the Shire as an ‘interested party’) and (if applicable) a copy of your Liquor Licence.
Over this coming Outdoor Dining season, we will continue to work with the community and traders to get the program right and keep the community safe during the challenges of COVID-19.
Should you have any questions or feedback, please do feel free to email [email protected] or call 03 5950 1862.
COVID-19 recovery is a major focus throughout the 2021–22 financial year with Council investing $10M directly towards recovery programs including $650,000 to re-establish the outdoor dining and township activation program from October 2021 – April 2022. We are waiving fees and charges to the value of $1 million this financial year, including permit fees for applications for extended outdoor dining and trading.