To support local businesses in implementing their COVIDSafe plans, the Shire has obtained a limited number of contactless thermometers from the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) on behalf of the Victorian Government, and is now able to distribute these free of charge to local eligible businesses.
Who is eligible to receive a contactless thermometer?
All businesses are eligible to receive a contactless thermometer if they meet all of the following three conditions:
- Business has a registered Australian Business Number (ABN), and
- Business currently operates within Mornington Peninsula Shire boundaries, and
- Business is operating with staff physically onsite or a business is operating within an enclosed environment
Which businesses may benefit from this program?
Small businesses that may benefit from receiving a thermometer to support their COVIDSafe Plan over the coming COVIDSafe Summer.
Examples of business that may benefit from this initiative include (but are not limited to):
- Tourism and Accommodation Services
- Sole Traders –with extended face-to-face contact within an enclosed environment (for example, hair and beauty)
- Small Retail
- Non-for-Profit (with an ABN, who will benefit from a thermometer for their COVIDSafePlan)
How many contactless thermometers per business?
There is a strict limitation of 1 contactless thermometer per business site per 20 employees. Thermometers will be allocated to eligible businesses on a first come, first served basis and will be subject to availability. Thermometers will need to be collected by the business from Dromana.
Are contactless thermometers mandatory for all businesses?
No, DJPR is providing contactless thermometers as an additional measure to prevent transmission in the workplace which can be used to screen staff and customers who are unwell.
The use of a contactless thermometer may assist businesses with their COVIDSafe Plans.
If your business requires a thermometer, please complete the form below.