Restrictions are set to ease even more starting Monday 9 Nov.
The 25-kilometre limit will no longer be in place the boundary between Melbourne and regional Victoria will come down.
Changes to business restrictions include:
- Restaurants, pubs and cafes will be able to host up to 40 customers indoors and 70 outdoors.
- Gyms and indoor sporting facilities can open with up to 20 – subject to strict density limits. Indoor sport for those 18 and under can recommence.
- Accommodation will be able to open
- Indoor entertainment venues will be able to open with 20 people per space, this includes movie theatres, galleries, museums and music halls.
- Indoor religious ceremonies will be increased to 20, with 50 allowed outside. The same numbers will apply to funerals, but there’s no change to weddings – for now.
- Community spaces like libraries or RSLs and neighbourhood houses can have up to 20 indoors, with groups of up to ten.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) translated information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds is also available online for businesses and industry. Businesses can also call 13 22 15 and request a free translator.