We are updating our Food Truck Policy to make it easier for our local mobile food and drink vendors to sell their delicious coffee, smoothies, food and treats from their vehicles.
Each year we allocate static permits for Peninsula locations and roving residential permits via an expressions of interest process.
The main changes to the Policy we’re proposing are:
- an increase in the length of permits from one to three years
- setting annual site fee as per our Fees and Charges Schedule
- beginning the licence period on 1 May every year (permit fees must be paid in full by 1 August)
- issuing additional winter only permits
- providing electricity at all sites (where possible)
- increasing residential roving permits from two to four
- growing current sites and introduce new sites
- asking food truck vendors to demonstrate how they will benefit the local community
- giving preference tor local operators and local produce.
Have your say
Help shape our Food Truck Policy. Have your say from 14 July – 25 August 2022. mornpen.vic.gov.au/foodtruckpolicy
SUPPORT LOCAL. Think. Spend. Recommend.
Find other ways to support local businesses at mpbusiness.com.au/supportlocal