The Delys Sargeant Age-Friendly Awards wish to advise that they have extended the deadline until COB on Friday 11 June.
Lockdowns are particularly difficult for many older members of the community, so they are encouraging the community to reflect on who they see making an effort to keep older people connected, supported and included during these trying times.
- Nominations can be completed online at: Delys Sargeant Age-Friendly Awards | Shape our Future (mornpen.vic.gov.au)
- The attached forms can also be downloaded from Delys Sargeant Age-Friendly Awards | Shape our Future (mornpen.vic.gov.au) and then emailed to [email protected]
- Printed copies can be obtained from the Shire customer service centres or mailed out to members of the community (once Shire offices reopen) and then returned either in person or via mail.
The awards recognise a local initiative, club, business, service or person of any age that contributes to building a stronger local community for older people who live, work or visit the Mornington Peninsula.
The Delys Sargeant Awards are a great opportunity to celebrate the many different kinds of age-friendly work being done by, with and for older community members and also serve to remember their namesake Delys Sargeant (OAM), who was a driving force behind creating better opportunities and support for older community members on the Peninsula.
Nominations are welcome from all members of the community including friends, families and carers who want to nominate persons or organisations who actively demonstrate attitudes and actions which encourage our age-friendly values. Organisations, and clubs are also encouraged to make nominations.
Categories open for nomination include:
Mayor’s Senior Achiever Award (only for a person 50+ years of age)
- Elder of the year
- Senior Achiever
PACE Age-Friendly Community Award
- Age-Friendly community service or program
- Innovative club for older people
- Encouraging diversity and inclusive opportunities for older people
- Age-friendly local business
Promotion of Intergenerational Opportunities Award
- Individuals or groups/businesses/services
The awards are also open to nominating younger people of any age, businesses and clubs – only one category is exclusively for older people aged 50+.
Hard copy nominations can be made by:
- Downloading the Nomination Form and Selection Criteria and submitting via email or post
- Email to [email protected] or
- Mail to Delys Sargeant Awards, Mornington Peninsula Shire, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, Victoria or
- Submit at a Customer Service Centre in Mornington, Rosebud, Hastings or Somerville
Phone: 5950 1698 or 1300 850 600